Hello all! Sorry that this post is coming a day late…yesterday was a fun day in anxiety-land, and the cherry on top of it all was realizing that my video had decided not to process. But here it is now, part three in my four-part series on revisions, FIGHTING THE BATTLE! You can find Part 1 here, and Part 2 here.
In this week’s video, I talked about actually inputting the changes. You can watch it here:
Whether you decide to input your changes chronologically or by topic, what really matters here is that you keep pushing through! This is a part that can get overwhelming, but once you are finished you are going to feel so good.
Here are some relevant links to help you get through week three of revisions!
- When You Hate Your Book by Kirsten Hubbard: http://kirstenhubbard.blogspot.com/2010/04/when-you-hate-your-book.html
- Big Revision by Mary Kole: http://kidlit.com/2011/12/07/big-revision/
- Doors and Books and Doors to Books by Gayle Foreman: http://gayleforman.com/blog/2012/02/06/doors-and-books-and-doors-to-books/
- Forty Questions for a Stronger Manuscript by Adventures in YA Publishing: http://www.adventuresinyapublishing.com/2011/06/forty-questions-for-stronger-manuscript.html#.VcUkE_lVhBc
- New Revision Rewriting Process by Beth Revis: http://bethrevis.blogspot.com/2010/10/new-revision-rewriting-process.html