So I’m giving something a try for the first time this year, and I am pretty stoked. Here’s the description of it from the website:
Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing.
Hopefully this will be just the kick I need to finish up that pesky WiP that I am SO CLOSE to having finished! I’m 15 scenes away from having a complete draft that I am really proud of… Fifteen crazy, thrilling scenes.
Technically RSW be doing check-ins on Mondays, so I am two days behind on this one– but that’s okay, because this week is just goal setting! I have a handful of goals for my summer:
- Finish draft one of Patchwork by June 21st.
- Finish first round of revisions for Patchwork by August 2nd.
- Send Patchwork to CPs and betas and revise accordingly (less of a set date for this one, since I’m a little at their mercy at that point… And I think RSW’s definition of summer is over, too).
- How I did on last week’s goals
- My goal(s) for this week
- A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
- The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write)
- Something I love about my WiP