Sometimes you have to break open a window.
I tested the waters with vlogging shortly after moving to California, and absolutely loved it. It was so fun building a fort out of books to record from, and acting like a crazy person in front of a camera, and sharing it on YouTube and actually getting some nice comments! I knew that I wanted to continue with this vlogging thing no matter what else life threw at me. It’s something I have the potential to be good at, and it’s a great way to make friends (which, as we all know, I’m in desperate need of)!
And that is why I am SO SO excited to share this news with you.
So often since moving here, it’s felt like door after door has closed on me. I have now applied to dozens of jobs, with only two rejection emails and zero phone calls to show for it. I haven’t met anyone who is anywhere close to my age, and I didn’t make the cut for something that I had auditioned for. So I should give up, right? Right? Trying for a few weeks is good enough.
I was approached by the lovely Kellie Sheridan, who liked my video (and who also has her own awesome vlogs!), about joining a hot-off-the-webcam group of readers and writers who are starting a YouTube channel about YA lit. These girls are amazing! We have been working hard over the last few weeks to get everything put together, and I can’t wait for y’all to see what we’ve got going. There will be a new YouTube video every day on our channel, based on a theme for each of those days. The themes will be as follows:
- Monday- Ink Slinging (Writing life/advice)
- Tuesday- Reader’s Nook (Book recommendations)
- Wednesday- Word Play (Fave/newly learned words or inspirational quotes)
- Thursday- The Circulation Desk (The publishing industry)
- Friday- Inspiration Corner (Things that inspire our writing)
- Saturday- Vlogger’s Choice (Where we get to do whatever we want… MUAHAHAHA)
- Sunday- The Sunday Special (random things like: a book club once a month, discussions or interviews with other writers… Basically anything that’s not a traditional vlog!)